Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Thirteen: Villages of NY

We hit the ground running today, jumping on the subway a block from our apartment and heading 10 mins into town. We explored the SoHo area first, checking out a few cool boutiques for the girls. I enjoyed walking the streets. Really quite interesting to see some older ones still have the cobblestones. We wandered up Bleecker St, through Greenwich Village and onto West Village before heading to Chelsea Markets for more shopping and some food. I really enjoyed this area. The streets are awesome - these small villages are so well connected and lively. Very pretty part of Manhattan.

That afternoon we headed down to the seaside port and got some cheap tix to broadway show CHICAGO.

We then wandered up and over the Brooklyn Bridge. This was my favourite part of the day. The city at dusk with the lights of the buildings on. The bridge is do pretty too. Makes for some great photos. When we hit Brooklyn we wandered up to Columbus Park before jumping back on the Subway and heading uptown to 44th St to see CHICAGO

The musical was really good - I've never seen it before nor the movie so I really enjoyed it. Simmi said it was her favourite.

Anyway after such a busy day, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow I think!!!


- Blog from iMat

No comments:

Post a Comment